I’ve made this pie twice (once with a slightly altered recipe) and both times it’s been heavenly.
Key Lime Pie
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Mix well. Pour into unbaked graham cracker shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Top with whipped topping and garnish with lime slices if desired.
The first time I made it, I used 5 egg yolks and 1 can sweetened condensed milk. It was more egg-y than I wanted, and all the comments said to change it up. So I did. It was perfect the second time.
taste rating: 9.5/10
it was sooooooo so yummy. tastes like summer. you’ll be seriously happy you made this — and you’ll have a veeeery hard time sharing it with anyone. I think I ate half the pie when I made it.
ease of cooking: 8/10
whisking it all together was the hardest part. and even that was not very hard. just make sure it’s really really all mixed together. but really – that’s it. just seriously try not to eat the whole thing.