This was seriously YUMMIEST bread I’ve ever had!! I was so proud that I made this!
Now — I have never in my whole entire life made bread before, but I’ve wanted to try for a while. I couldn’t believe how easy this was!! It’s sooooo yummy toasted with butter and jam- I could just die. I really almost ate the whole loaf tonight. I feel quite sick but it was totally worth it.
English Muffin Bread
- 5 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 packages RAPID RISE yeast (You can use regular yeast, but you will need to let is rise TWICE. Once in the bowl, til it reaches the top…and then again in the pans, til it reaches the top. With the RAPID RISE you only need to let it rise once in the pans.)
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 11 cups flour
- Mix altogether, then spoon into (4) well greased loaf pans.
- Let dough rise in pans until dough reaches the top of the pans, and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown. (keep an eye on it for the last 10-15 minutes though.)
- 10 minutes before done, brush with melted butter. Makes 4 loaves.
- Bread will be moist at first. Allow to cool COMPLETELY before cutting.
Special thanks to One Good Thing for this amazing recipe.