because I’m an idiot (and always hungry), I always eat my food before I remember that I have a food blog and should probably take a photo of it before I scarf half of it down.
- 1 can of pop biscuits
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bread pan.
- Cut biscuits into quarters.
- Melt about 1/4 cup of the margarine in the microwave (or stove if you’re fancy).
- Toss biscuit chunks in melted margarine, just enough to coat the pieces.
- Melt the brown sugar and remaining margarine (again, through melting method of choice).
- Put the biscuit pieces in the bread pan and cover with melted sugar mix (and optional cinnamon).
- Cook at 350 until “not doughy” – I think I cooked it for a little under 20 minutes? but my oven is also crazy. Go by the biscuit wrapper directions.
Taste Rating: 10/10
This was our favorite dessert as kids in my house. We would always fight over who got the pieces at the bottom covered in the most sugary goodness. I could probably eat the whole pan by myself (I may have eaten like half before asking my roommate if she wanted some). I never add cinnamon and it’s divine without it.
Ease of Cooking: 9.9/10
I also like to base the ease of this recipe on it’s cost. Super simple, and the oven is what takes the longest part. Definitely my kind of recipe (and will of necessity be repeated again very soon).
Thanks to my mommy dear for this recipe. I found decent ones online, but I wanted my mom’s recipe. Of course, she never uses recipes so I bugged her about it and she made one up for me 🙂 Now that’s love.