I have totally become that girl on Pinterest who goes crazy for fall and re-pins every last pumpkin whatever recipe. But what other times of the year do we get to eat so much pumpkin and not feel like an addict? Never. And it’s a wonderful time of year.
I brought these in to my last day of work at my previous job and my coworker justified eating them at 9am because “rice crispies are cereal and cereal is breakfast!” I may just use that logic more often when it comes to treats in the AM.
- 6 cups rice crispies
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp butter
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Add bag of marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Immediately remove from heat and add caramel and pumpkin pie spice.
- (If you’re me, move to a much larger bowl and) Add melty goodness to rice crispies and stir your heart out.
- Add batter to a greased 9×13 pan, flatten with a greased spatula and let it cool.
Taste Rating: 6/10
I really wanted these to be excellent, but they kind of fell short for me. The rice crispy cereal was kind of soggy, and I couldn’t really taste the caramel. They were also wayyyy gooey-er than usual rice crispies (I’m guessing the caramel had something to do with that) and didn’t feel like they’d ever completely set up.
Ease of Cooking: 9/10
Confession – I’d never actually made rice crispy treats before this. I was really glad the recipe was so simple, and if you follow it to a tee, I can’t imagine how you could screw this up. It seems like I had roommates in college mess up rice crispy treats all the time and now I’m seriously questioning their intelligence.
Thanks to 30 Handmade Days for the great Fall recipe!