Being away from Utah and away from Pizza Factory has been a sad sad thing.
Luckily, these are spot on when it comes to those yummy breadstick twists. And for those of you who’ve never partaken of this blessing – you’d better make these ASAP.
… Also this is apparently carb week. Sorry to everyone’s diet in advance.
Pizza Factory Breadsticks
- Rhodes rolls–2 per breadstick (or make your own homemade bread dough! lots of easy recipes online- third comment down on this site is the one I used)
- 2-3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dill weed
- 18″ bamboo skewers (or some kind of long skinny skewers)
- Let dough rise. Then knead two rolls together and roll into a thin rope.
- Twist the rope around the skewer and balance them across the width of a cake pan (you can place them on a greased cookie sheet, but they’ll have flat marks on the bottom when they’re done baking).
- Let twists rise till doubled.
- While they are baking, combine the glaze ingredients so the flavors will blend.
- Bake twists at 375 for about 12-15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with the butter glaze.
Taste Rating: 9.5/10
These breadsticks are seriously soooooooooooooo yummy and super addicting. I dare you to try to eat just one. Pretty sure it’s impossible. Even my fitness-saint mother couldn’t help herself. I made them when I was home and my family ate the entire batch! And the dill – dill is a weird-ish thing to have (at least for me), but find a friend with some dill that you can borrow and trade them for a finished breadstick. They will be so so so happy. The dill is what makes these so divine.
Ease of Cooking: 8.5/10
Twisting the dough onto the skewer was kind of tricky, but once you’ve done a few, you get into a rhythm and it gets easier. Everything else was cake-sauce easy peasy.
Gah. Now I’m craving these again.
Thanks to recipe exchange!