Alliteration. Big time. But totally worth it.
Chocolate Caramel Crinkle Cookies
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (9X13 inch pan size)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- About 24 caramels, cut in half
- Powdered Sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl beat the brownie mix, flour, egg, water and oil until well blended.
- Place powdered sugar into a separate bowl. Scoop up a tablespoonful of dough (you can use a cookie scoop if you want, but it will still work if you don’t have one) and push a piece of caramel in the middle.
- Roll the dough around the caramel so it is completely covered.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into the powdered sugar and gently roll, shaping into a ball.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Sometimes, if you eat these when they’re still hot, you will burn your mouth. And die.
No but really, it’s super painful. Wait for these to cool. You will regret it for weeks if you don’t.
And this happens sometimes.
All the caramel-y goodness comes out in one bite and you’re left with a brownie cave covered in powdered sugar (while never a bad thing, it’s still kind of sad in this case).
Taste Rating: 8/10
I don’t know if there’s a bad way to eat powdered sugar, brownie and caramel, so these were bound to be delicious. But, like I said before, I ate these too soon and wanted to cry (again, my impatient self). Boiling hot caramel sticks to your mouth and buuuuurns like no other. Don’t eat these right for at least, uhh, 10 minutes? Wait at least that long.
Ease of Cooking: 7/10
It was kind of hard to get the brownie over the caramel and some of the caramel leaked out during baking and made the cookies stick to the pan (also made washing the melted caramel off really difficult). Then to also cover the already fragile balls of brownie/caramel with powdered sugar – it was just messier than I expected, so be prepared for that.
Thanks to Six Sisters’ Stuff for the recipe!