So my new roommate and I put up this quote above our kitchen wall yesterday.
I think it’s pretty fitting – especially considering I’m an excellent cook. wink wink.
Good thing it doesn’t say “I kiss better than a photograph my meals” because nobody would kiss me ever.
Last night I was determined to make these chicken pillows – even though we were invited to two different dinners and ate half a pan of 7 layer dip beforehand. C’est la vie.
We were really really full though.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/2 block of cream cheese
- 1 pop can of croissant dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Cook and season the chicken in your favorite chicken-cooking way. I just threw it in a crockpot for a couple hours with some pepper and onion.
- Shred cooked chicken and mix with cream cheese.
- Unroll croissant dough and fill with chicken cheese mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Taste Rating: 9.9/10
I want to eat these every day. I may just make them again tomorrow. They just melt in your mouth and make you very very sad when they’re gone. This only made about 8 pillows, but we had extra filling left, so make sure you buy lots of dough if you want them to go farther.
Ease of Cooking: 9.875/10
So you can make these look prettier by actually folding the croissant dough into balls around the chicken mixture, but I didn’t even go that far. Seriously – chicken, cream cheese, croissant dough from a can. How much easier can it get?? This was the easiest thing I’ve made since I started this blog and they make everybody happy.
Thanks to uh… common sense? life? … for this recipe!